Ettie Rutherford is an educator and transformational speaker who has consistently highlighted the need for women of all ages to use their strengths to set priorities and attain their goals. Through her writing, speaking and workshop presentations she provides women with the strategies and skills that will enable them to reach their highest potential.

Thursday 9 August 2012

Women Letting Go

In last week's excerpt from the Introduction to my book I told of my experience in San Diego when I was propelled to release  some aspects of my past and move on to liberate myself. 
The writing of my book has been a way of letting go and moving on. My goal is to use the challenging situations from my past as rungs on the ladder to realizing my goals.
To re- invent ourselves is an imperative which can only be achieved when we let go of whatever is standing in our path. The most important thing that I  have learned in the past year is that when we cling to negative incidents that have brought fear into our lives we are denying the emergence of hope.
I recently had an "Aha" moment when I read a few days ago that holding on is believing that there is only a past; but letting go is acknowledging that there is a future.
Each day as I look at the beautiful blooms in my garden I am reminded that if the frozen soil had not forsaken the ravishes of winter there would be no flowers in the spring.

Remember:

Holding on is fear. Letting go is faith!



No comments:

Post a Comment